Ipe is the best wood for outdoor application. Period. It is the standard that other wood aspires to be. Our Ipe, Ironwood, Brazilian Walnut (all the same) is only the highest quality. We make an effort to cull any substandard boards prior to shipping. The wood will last for over 70 years even without almost any maintenance. Buy with confidence, this is the best wood.
- The best wood for outdoor use is, Ipe
- 2nd most common decking board is the 5/4×6
- Eased-edge for smooth surface
- Can be used in combination with 5/4x 4 to give a two width appearance
- 1″ thickness provides a more stable deck
- Maximum recommended joist spacing for 5/4×6 Ipe boards is 24″
- Finished dimensions of a 5/4×6 are 1”x5.5”
- Higher initial cost but lower lifetime cost than any other outdoor wood
- Board ends come pre-sealed, to preserve the wood. If you cut it you can use an end-sealer.
- Very dense, 5/4×6 Ipe weighs about 2.5lbs per linear foot. This will vary due to moisture content.
Don’t forget to add Ipe Seal to your order.
Have questions? Why wait? Call now 844-674-4455 we are happy to assist you.
Please be advised inventory changes on a regular basis. If we do not have your item in stock we will contact you to make a suitable change prior to shipping. Thank you!
Frank Myers –
This is what I used for stairs, I have to say the 5/4 is much more solid than the 1×4 I used on my deck. If I had it to do over again I would have used this for the whole deck.